Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chubby Feet


Has anyone else had this problem? I can never find shoes to fit Holland! Her feet must be a little wider than normal and
nothing fits her! I've given up trying to squeeze her feet into shoes that just don't fit. Since she's been walking since 9 months she definitely needs shoes, especially now that it's Winter here in NZ. It is common here to see kids in the "shops" walking around with no shoes on, but I just don't think that's acceptable. :)
So, fortunately, I can make her shoes that do fit! :)
Here is her latest pair, crocheted in worsted weight cotton. These are quick and easy to make. I intend to put suede soles on these and make her a few more pair in different colors.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, cut her some slack, not every little girl can say she's a foot model for a world-class crochet designer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a kiwi thing! We all have fat feet, why do you think booties sell so well over here??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs to buy shoes when Mama can make 'em cuter! She'll be the envy of everyone and maybe even a walking promotion! Maybe Mama should get her a Tshirt that says, "I'll sell you my shoes for milk money." Just kidding of course.

    ReplyDelete