Friday, November 6, 2009

Not a Feather!

I made these All-Blacks booties today for a friend's new baby. They have little cleats on the soles. As you may know, the All-Blacks are New Zealand's rugby team and their symbol is a silver fern. (Not a feather, as I accidentally said last night!) Saying such a thing publicly could get me thrown out of the country! :)
I got a package in the mail today. My husband lost his special silver tie chain a while ago and so I got him a little something from Crownrose Gems on Etsy to replace it. I hope he likes the black onyx and sterling silver combo. I think it'll look "flash" as they say here in NZ.

7 comments:

  1. Those are so neat! Your friends new baby will love them!Very dapper lil shoes, any lil toes will love.
    Your choice of gift for your hubby is stunning as well.
    Now I am sure wishing you sold "speedy crochet hands" so I could to create items as lovely and as Quick as yourself:) Great job on all your items.
    Well back to my Holland Designs patterns,as more Christmas gifts to create:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you called the silver fern a Feather, lol The fern comes from a plant, Feathers come from chickens. Think you may need to hand the cookbook back till you have done a NZ refresher course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented, Lisa! I'm always on the edge of my seat to see what you'll come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cleats are a cute touch on a very cute pair of booties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. will you be making things for christmas?i want some things with merry xmas on it,can you please design somethings for me to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I don't plan to do anything seasonal. You can find many such patterns from other designers on Etsy or by looking at www.ravelry.com.

    ReplyDelete