Monday, November 30, 2009

Sleeveless in New Zealand

I’m taking Holland to visit her grandparents in Wisconsin for the entire month of December. She will need something to keep her extra warm, so I am making this sweater for her to wear on our trip.
This design uses my “knit-look” crochet technique, same as I’ve used on my fingerless gloves patter
n, knit-look cloche, etc. Unfortunately, I think this design (the way I chose to make it) is just a tad too complicated for me to type up and sell as a Holland Designs pattern. I may do something similar that isn’t as tricky at a later date to add to my pattern shop.
I’ve just finished the main part of the cardigan & still need to add sleeves and maybe an edging a
t the neckline.

11 comments:

  1. OH SO STUNNING!!! beautiful vest to keep cozy warm in Wisconsin..lucky lil Holland..mum makes the cutest clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...vest that is soon to have sleeves added and become a cardi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt dad going with Holland?? hes going to miss her :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh beautiful, will be so warm and pretty! great job Lisa and enjoy the trip to see family.:) will miss shopping for patterns;) safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we will both miss Daddy very much! :( Nic, my shop(s) will remain open and my husband will send out patterns, but not answer any "crochet help" questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa and Gilbert,your dedication and customer service are much appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you would put this out as a Holland Designs, it's beautiful and I'd snap a copy up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I SO AGREE:P Your patterns are amazing..so when you are ready for this one for sale...I shall be awaiting:P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will try to write it up in size 1-3 years. I've just posted photos of the finished product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very gorgeous - I love the front fastening!
    Have a great time in WI :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it already even without the sleeves.. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete